The White Dragon Temple: Home

Welcome to The White Dragon Temple

icon.png

This site is maintained by the staff of Dragon's Dogma Online Translations.

It is currently not open for public editing. Please note that this site contains spoilers for the game.

Please properly credit us for any use of our translations and link back to the wiki. It is demoralising to see our work elsewhere without given due credit, or worse still, to have someone else claim that they have done the translations or even the bulk of it themselves. It just kills our motivation.

 

About the game

Dragon's Dogma Online (ドラゴンズドグマ オンライン in Japanese; also commonly shortened to DDON) was officially launched on 31 August 2015, after several alpha and beta tests. The game is a free-to-play (F2P) multiplayer online open world game, and shares many features and characteristics of the original Dragon's Dogma game. The game is currently available only for the Japanese market. However, Capcom announced in February 2016 that the Taiwan server for Dragon's Dogma Online in Traditional Chinese for PS4 and PC will be launched in 2017.

 

Platforms

crossplatform.jpg

Dragon's Dogma Online is available for PS3, PS4 and PC. The game allows for cross-play between all three platforms, which means players can interact within the game regardless of the version they are using, whether console or PC. Players can also switch between consoles and PC, as the game allows for cross-saves; players only need to log into their accounts regardless of platform to play as their character. Note that on console, players will have to use the PSN account linked to their COG account.

 

Weekly maintenance

Dragon’s Dogma Online’s routine weekly maintenance is every Thursday at 10.00 AM - 2.00 PM Japan Standard Time (JST).

 

History

Capcom filed the trademark for Dragon's Dogma Online in Japan on 2 December 2014, and in Europe and the United States on 5 December 2014. News about the game was first mentioned on 27 January 2015 by the Japanese gaming news website Famitsu, which was followed by an article in its magazine Weekly Famitsu with more details. Further details followed in a series of articles, such as how work on Dragon's Dogma Online began roughly at the same time as Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen with 80% of the team working on Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen while the remaining 20% worked on Dragon's Dogma Online.

A special preview session was held on 4 April 2015 in Tokyo, which allowed selected players to play a limited version of the game. A closed online alpha test was held from 20 - 28 April 2015 for the PS3, followed by Closed Beta Test 1 (CBT1) from 7 - 15 July 2015 for all three platforms. Closed Beta Test 2 (CBT2) took place from 7 - 10 August 2015; despite the name, CBT2 was open to the public on all three platforms.

The game was officially launched on 31 August 2015 at 12.00 PM JST. Early access beginning 27 August 2015 was available for players who bought the Dragon's Dogma Online Limited Edition Package special box set.

The first expansion of the game, Season 1.1, was launched on 15 October 2015. Season 1.2 followed suit on 15 December 2015, while Season 1.3 on 10 March 2016.

Season 2.0 was launched on 30 June 2016, while Season 2.1 was launched on 21 September 2016.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License